My mission is to help people maximize their professional success through a better understanding and more effective communication of their unique strengths, abilities, passions, and values. I believe that everyone has the ability to communicate a personal brand that is an authentic representation of who they are.
How I got into coaching
When I left recruiting in 2005, after 20 years in the industry, I was planning to take time off, travel, play a lot of tennis and golf, and go in whatever direction the wind blew. That lasted less than a year as my passion for helping people gain greater job satisfaction and career success propelled me into coaching. This idea didn’t come directly from me but rather from my friends and family, former colleagues and clients who clearly saw the complimentary nature of my strengths with the needs of professionals interested in accelerating and improving their careers. I have spent the past six years building on my strengths as a career professional and entrepreneur so that I can pursue my passion of helping clients succeed in their own careers.
Through my experience as an entrepreneur running an executive recruitment firm I learned how to differentiate myself from my competitors by unearthing those qualities and abilities that provided added value for my clients. Through a process of trial and error, I grew a business that capitalized on my strengths, focused on a target market that I could get in front of, and learned how to get my message out in a consistent and clear way. I also learned that growing a business through trial and error is time consuming and costly.
My coaching is designed to eliminate trial and error learning and replace it with a systematic approach that guarantees a more reliable and timely result. Whether you are managing a career or building a business, a road map to help you get where you are going is always preferable to taking the unmarked trail.
My values, beliefs, and philosophy
- Take it one step at a time. Life can seem overwhelming sometimes, but especially so when we are trying new things or moving in new directions. When tasks or projects are broken down into bite size pieces it’s a lot easier to accomplish your objectives.
- If one way doesn’t work there is always another way. Frustration can often lead to despair, especially when it comes to your career. By looking at ideas or concepts from a variety of different angles it is easier to figure out how things can work.
- Perception is reality. Believing in yourself is critical to how you are viewed by others. Your own perceptions are mirrored by others, so how you present yourself is key to how you are viewed.
- Goals without timetables are nothing more than dreams. It’s important to identify the steps to achieving your goals as well as the time frame in which you hope to accomplish them.
- Masters in Business Administration in Finance, New York University Stern School of Business
- Master Certified Personal Branding Strategist
- Certified Career Coach
- Certified 360Reach Analyst
- Certified On-Line ID Strategist
- Member of the International Coaching Federation
- Member of the Financial Women’s Association
- Member of 85 Broads
- Founder and Past President- Haras Consultants, an executive recruitment firm
- More than 25 years of experience as an entrepreneur and career professional
My physical passions include tennis, hiking, biking, golf, and skiing. My intellectual pursuits include watching obscure foreign films and attending small Off Broadway theater productions. Believing that giving back is as important as achieving your professional goals, I am on the Board of The Catalog for Giving. They support small nonprofits that provide after school activities for children in at-risk communities throughout the five boroughs of Manhattan.
More about me
My clients describe the particular strengths I bring to their coaching experience as my positive attitude, high energy level, keen grasp on reality, and ability to help them clearly identify and focus on reaching their goals. In coaching, I combine my ability as a creative problem solver with my passion for helping clients develop and execute their strategy for achieving professional success.
I have worked with companies ranging in size from small entrepreneurial ventures and start ups to major financial institutions with thousands of employees. I have lectured on personal branding, personal branding inside organizations, and social media marketing. I am a contributing journalist for FoxBusiness.com on Personal Branding, Brand Management and Communications geared to careerists, entrepreneurs and small business owners. I have appeared as a guest speaker on the Fox Business Channel.